Foods for Strong Bones
- Milk - Calcium is the most essential element for strong bones, and the best source of calcium is undoubtedly milk. Milk also contains potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus, and vitamins D and B12. All these nutrients are important for healthy bones.
- Collard Greens - leafy green vegetable contains a good amount of calcium, along with magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin K. All these nutrients are essential to bone health.
- Sesame Seeds - Sesame seeds contain various nutrients for bone health, such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamins K and D.
- Yogurt - Yogurt contains a good amount of calcium, vitamins D, A and B12, potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus and protein.
- Cheese - Cheese is loaded with a good amount of calcium, along with vitamins D, A, B12, potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus and protein. All these nutrients are needed for strong bones. Also, cheese is an excellent source of calcium for people who are lactose intolerant.
- Tofu - Tofu is a type of soy food that contains a high amount of calcium and plant-based chemicals called isoflavones, which are important to promote healthy and strong bones. Tofu is a popular option for people who are lactose intolerant and cannot eat many types of dairy products.